Welcome to the 2024 AATOD Conference Website
The American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence works with federal and state agency officials concerning opioid treatment policy throughout the United States. We also work with our partner, the World Federation for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, with regard to international initiatives and working with designated agencies within the United Nations.
About the Conference
The 2024 American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, Inc. (AATOD) Conference will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino, May 18 - May 22, 2024. The 2024 conference theme is “Treating Opioid Use Disorder: So Much More Than Medication.”
Our intent is to educate and promote acceptance and integration of MAT options by patients, families, clinicians, the medical system, judicial systems, government, policymakers, social service administrations, and the general public. We will disseminate innovative, evidence-based initiatives and treatment techniques to better serve patients and providers, improve program development and administration, promote integration across the continuum of care, and enhance patient outcomes to assist communities in developing an effective response to this crisis.
By the end of the conference, we will:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the latest evidence addressing the opioid epidemic and its implications for patients, clinicians, administrators, and policy makers by identifying the most effective interventions.
- Discuss peer to peer approaches in treating opioid use disorder in an effort to improve patient outcomes in health systems, organizations, and communities.
- Evaluate the gaps in current services for opioid use disorder and develop recommendations to improve the delivery of multidisciplinary care in various populations based upon evidence-based practices.
- Disseminate a comprehensive plan of innovative services designed to treat emerging needs of patients with opioid use disorder and improve patient outcomes by providing examples of effective methods and how to implement them.
- Identify effective referral pathways to other health services offering treatment for conditions associated with opioid use disorder addiction and/or recovery by developing partnerships within the community.
The AATOD Conference is the largest gathering of the opioid treatment community. This conference brings innovative people together in a diverse array of forums and workshops. Hot Topic Roundtable discussions, inspirational plenary sessions, tours of programs, and exhibit booths with the latest technologies, science, and products that support our work are just a few of the activities that surely stimulated participant discussion, debate, and innovative ideas to share with our respective areas of work, our communities, and our treatment programs nationwide.
Continuing Education Credits
Applications to award Continuing Education Credits will be submitted for the following specialties:
- Addiction Professionals
- Peer Recovery Specialists/Coaches
- Physicians, Psychologist, and Physicians Assistants
- Social Work
Registrants are responsible for confirming that credits earned will be accepted for their specified certification by the appropriate accrediting body.